Art Series Hotel Group is well known in Australia but still lacks awareness overseas. We needed international travellers to notice our cheeky take on the art world.
WE TURNED EACH HOTEL ROOM INTO AN ART STUDIO FOR GUESTS TO BECOME THE ART.
At the heart of the campaign was a purpose-built iPad app that allowed guests to drop their robe and strike a pose in the privacy of their hotel room. The images were then shared via a secure link to an official Art Series Hotel artist to create a life drawing. This one of a kind artwork was delivered to guests following their stay.
• The story reached over 150 countries
• Reaching over 44 million people
• Over $250 Million in earned media
• Achieved a 262% uplift in interest from the UK
• Attracted a new global audience with 87% of site visitors being first timers
• The No Robe rooms were sold out for the entirety of the campaign.
39th AWARD awards
Finalist Best use of PR for campaign,
Gold Best Use of Small Budget.
Silver Best Use Experiential.
Mumbrella Travel Awards:
Best use of Face-to-Face/Experiential Marketing.
Runner Up PR Idea of the Year.
Agency: AKQA Sydney
ECD: Jonathan Pease
CD: Jeff Mimery
Senior Art Director: Gabrielle Teasdell
Client Partner: Krystyna Frassetto
Creative Technologist: Christopher Armstrong
Executive Producer: Sarah Pritchard
Developers: Jacky Lau, Ari Tse, Bruno Storniolo
Designer: Krez Cukljek
QA: Jeffrey Montellano
For more information: artseriesnorobe.com