In 2017, the ‘internet of things’ conversation went mainstream.
However, one thing is to read about it, another is to experience it.
1. Without experiencing smart home devices first-hand, people struggle to see a role for them in their own lives.
2. Research showed that a relaxing environment and a hands-on experience were both key in increasing conversion of smart home technology.
Optus House is the world’s first fully interactive, immersive retail space that enables visitors to experience the potential of IoT devices in context.
A virtual family live in the space and interact with visitors in real time via floor-to-ceiling 8K displays. Both vistors and the family interact with IoT devices, triggering a vast library of experiences powered by Optus’ leading entertainment partners including NetFlix, NBA, Spotify, and NatGeo.
For more information: optus-house.com
• The virtual family is active 24/7, entertaining passersby even when the store is closed
• Dynamic content roster covering cultural/seasonal moments keeps the experience relevant
• 8k hi-res content for better realism
• 20+ smart home devices explained
• Custom platform using IoT protocol to sync devices
• Illusion of seamless connection between real & virtual spaces using sight lines and interior design
• Custom commands created in partnership with Google Home to trigger the experiences
Agency: AKQA Sydney
Film Production: Collider
SFX: White Chocolate